What's the one thing that people don't talk about?
Being. Rejected.
Either it's a job or certain someone, it's hard.
This morning, I got an email from this marketing firm that I was excited to work for. Or with. Or whatever.
I went ballistic.
Then it hit me like a truck. I am not good enough for them.
I have two degrees and I can't get a job. A normal job. I've been a waitress for 10 years now and I'm 25. It was high school job, later it was a college job. It paid my bills, right?
Well, high school is over. College is too.
I want a better job now, a job where I can use skills I've been practicing this last 10 years.
Then, nothing. Like there isn't a job in the world for me. How is that possible?
Being mad at everyone?
Then comes this stage: honestly believing you are not good enough. Asking yourself "How did I fail so miserably?". Being sad and being mad. Mostly at yourself.
But, guess what? Being sad or mad, or both, won't get you anywhere.
It. won't. get. you. anywhere.
I realize that now. No, I still don't have a job that I want. But it does not mean that I will give up.
I'm 25. I have a whole life to live.
It's not an end of the world. It's not for me and it is NOT for you.
Maybe we think that we are going through hell at the moment, but it's important to remember that,
If you're going through hell, keep going.
See you very soon,

Коментари
Постави коментар